[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board elections

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ejdegen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:31:26 +0000 (UTC)

President Obama can never run for US President again unless our Constitution
changes That is the true meaning of term limits and your argument of people are
not willing to give up their  time to work for the club.  Where are your facts
to support that? I think term limits, real term limits would make us a better
club. I could be wrong but I doubt it  .....we will just have to agree to
disagree Ed

 --- Original Message -----  From: Julie Degen <ejdegen@xxxxxxx>  To:
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sent: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:51:25 -0000 (UTC)  Subject:
[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board elections    Ed,    There ARE term limits already in
place and have been for YEARS.      If you're talking about LIFETIME term
limits, then I'd have to disagree with you.  Not everyone is willing to give up
their time & resources to benefit the club and its members.  If we only allowed
those workers who are willing to serve to be on the board for a couple of years
and then they're done forever, I fear our club would suffer.  There aren't
enough people willing to sacrifice to work for the club that we can afford to
put life limits on workers.      Also, I don't understand how the "lifers" (as
you phrase it) are keeping ANYONE from being elected.  They only have one vote
each....Just like you and I do.  Now if you mean the CLUB MEMBERS continue to
vote them into office because they are familiar with their names AND the fact
that they will work for the club, well this is still a majority decision by the
members and that's how voting works.  Every member of the club gets to vote and
every vote is worth the same.       I would again beseech anyone interested in
being on the board to volunteer for committees and prove that you're willing to
put your own time and resources into helping the club and the other members.
Also, go to board meetings and see how hard the board works and learn about the
GSDCA  and the entire process of running the club.   Yes, it would be on your
own dime, but if you run and are elected to the board, you will be spending
LOTS more of your own dimes!!!    Julie Degen  Sent from my iPad  "A
well-balanced German Shepherd has a title on both ends!"
www.caissonkennels.com      On Jul 10, 2013, at 1:10 AM,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:    > From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx  > Subject: Re:
Board elections  >   > Two words.          Term.          Limits.          >

Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.     Each Author is responsible for
the content of his/her post.  This group and its administrators are not
responsible for the comments or opinions expressed in any post.    ALL PERSONS
ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY
MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL
VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.     For
assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx    VISIT