[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board and settlement

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:40:11 -0700

> We still have members, that have stated privately "they have never read
> the lawsuit" We have Board members how apparently have never read the P&P
> or the By-Laws. Most of this would never have happened if they had.
>
> If we can not find 19 members who can work TOGETHER without shouts or
> threats  for the  betterment of the BREED, then maybe the PC should fold.
> Many members are asking "What benefit does the PC offer that I can not get
> without the hassle."
SNIP -
> THIS BOARD better have some answers and have them FAST. Many long time
> members have already quit, many more may not renew in December.
>
> Morgan  Lewis, RPh.
========================

I am not sure that I should venture into this. I've read the posts, but for
the past four or so months, stayed out of it.

Just as the main people involved are polarized on the issues, so has the
club become polarized. We want more information, more facts and more
communication and assume that there is more that we do not know. I do not
know everything about it, but I have talked by email to most of them and I
have a perspective as to the real, behind the scene issues.

Here they are....

In the beginning (this would make a great start to a real cool book, I
always thought), a bunch of people decided to join a club and have fun with
their dogs, all German Shepherds. They came from various backgrounds, rich
and poor, conservative and liberal, Christian, Jewish, Atheist, Agnostics,
Buddhist, Zen, you name it, they came with all of their differences and all
of their prejudices and all of their emotions. They were all just a mixed
mess of humanity with dogs who were of purer blood, pedigree and perceptions
of life and reality.

Out of this mix of people came a few (or more) who were insecure, touchy,
angry, easily offended and other things that make them the ones you are
careful of at dog shows. But they have opinions and need to be right so
they, some of them, rise to offices in the club and take with them their
fear and suspicion, ego and anger, and try to make sure that no one gets one
over on them. They will fight for a fair deal out of life, unlike most of us
who gave up on that in the third grade.

So they get together and guess what? Right, someone or more than one gets
offended and decides to fight for the fair deal they are certain that life
owes them. Ya, we've all done it haven't we? Yes, indeed we have. The
problem is, these are emotions that we all understand because they are
common to us all, when platformed for satisfaction, but do not bring
satisfaction but more pain. That is, the more anger we give, the more love
we receive???? No, it doesn't work that way. Every seed produces after its
own kind, so what we sow into relationships always comes back in multiple.
So anger escalates, hurt increases and the fair deal we thought we should
get, moves further and further away.

You see, the real issues of this law suit are not individuals and their
being violated as much as it is real people with real emotions coming from
differing perspectives and demanding to get a fair deal out of a setting
better suited to dynamite. There were actions on both sides that focused the
anger and the fear and the insecurity, but the real issues are not the
actions but the emotions that were released into the setting. Getting along
in our board or any board has to do with the maturity to not be offended and
to not personalize the process. And rule Number One (#1) is, life is not
fair and you do not get a fair deal and people will not be nice to you! Once
you understand that, you are off and running with a wonderful future ahead
of you. If you don't understand that, you are doomed to live in a world of
conflict, fear, insecurity and pain.

The escalating anger and legal steps assume that by being stronger than the
opposition by stepping up one more rung on the ladder of force and anger, we
will win. The problem, while motivated by fear and anger, we are not
stepping up into the sky of victory but downward into the pit of evil
emotions that destroy. The emotions and reactions are our enemy. The enemy
is inside of us.

Answer? Really more simple than the problem - understand that this board, or
any board cannot destroy me. The plaintiff in this law suit cannot destroy
me. Nothing can destroy me that I do not allow to bring me down into the pit
of evil that desires my reactions. So, I for one do not need to know more
about this law suit, about the people involved or who did what to whom. As I
said before, I settled that in the third grade. Possibly we can all graduate
to the next grade and get off of the playground long enough to mature past
these damning emotions. No one can make us react or feel anything toward
those who do things that we might not appreciate. We can only destroy
ourselves by allowing the fear and hatred to become ours. In the end, we
can, in fact, get back together and find some mutual appreciation and get
along, letting this slip into history without carrying it forward
indefinitely.

That all...
Dave