[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board Rule

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 17:09:47 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 8/28/11 8:31:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Gag rule  does not exist.......but what WAS passed in my opinion gives the
impression of a gag rule....and in my opinion the rule was not
necessary...and  in my opinion it was created because some  members on the
board for
whatever reason don't like the list and the rule was put in to intimidate
board members not to talk about board business....you can't read it any other
way...I was born at night, but it wasn't last night...

When I went to my first board meeting, I mentioned that I had received a
letter from a club member who asked me about board business. I responded to
it  and so informed the board.

Ralph Roberts stood up and said I could not do that, and that only the
secretary of the club could give responses to club members. He also told me
that  new board members were to sit quietly and not talk for the first year.

I won't say exactly what I said, but I will say that I told the entire
board that if anyone asked me a question, I would answer it. I would not accept
 limits to my free speech rights, and that I did not agree with Mr.
Roberts.  There were some other similar things said at the meeting and that
night, a long time board member resigned.

That was not my intent, but I believe in the rules, but if they are wrong,
I feel it is my duty to change them.

I have never had a board member refuse to answer my questions.  I have
received calls from Lew and Gary offering me information if I need it.

We need to stand behind our board and if they are wrong, work to change
it.  The board makes mistakes, so do we.  Well, not so much in my  situation,
but certainly for everyone else.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together