[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board Members who won't participate/YEEEESSSS!!!!!!!

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:46:46 EST

In a message dated 2/20/2007 10:06:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Falkrigia@xxxxxxx writes:
In a  message dated 2/20/2007 8:36:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Any respectable court would
> laugh in the face of anyone bringing suit because he or she didn't  get
> enough votes...so long as an applicant is not refused because of  his or
> her sex, sexual orientation, race, or religion, there is no  grounds for
> a law suit.  So, let him bring it...you Board people  need to know,
> AGAIN, that you are covered.

Ok, lets'  look at a couple of things here.........
I want Hunte out also but I think  we need to have some understanding of what
some of these people may be  struggling with that we are not having to face.

1. Assume that all of  the people decide that they don't want to be labelled
cowards and they all  vote to kick Hunte out (which is what we all want in
reality).

2.  Assume that Hunte gets miffed about this and files suit.......Anyone can
file a suit about anything.........and unfortunantly, they can actually  win.
Look at some of the recent court decisions in favor of the most  ridiculous
things. It is impossible to know what will happen once you  enter a court of
law.

3. Assume Hunte doesn't win but puts up a good  fight. He has the money to
fight long and hard. Most liability insurances  have limits/ Let's assume for
minute that he sues the club and each  director. What if the fees and costs
associated with defending this suit  outreach the amount of insurance for
such an
accurence? Who loses what  personally to pay for this?

4. Let's assume he wins.....as unlikely as  you may feel this is, are you
willing to guarantee these BOD members that  they will not lose their homes,
their
savings, their retirements, their  childrens' college funds because of some
off-the-wall judicial decision?  Would there be enough funds to appeal such a
decision?

5.  How  many of us who want to see Hunte out of this club would be willing
risk  everything we personally have to see that happen? That's what we are
telling them to do. Run the risk...............take the chance.......live  on
that
edge.

6. maybe instead of branding them all cowards if they  are fearful of
personal
losses that could be substantial in a quirk of  judicial nonsense, why not
share some of the burden?
How many of us who  feel that Hunte has to go would be willing to back that
with a public,  personal pledge to pay.....say,  $1000.00 of our own personal
money  to help reimburse these BOD for any personal losses they suffer?
There are  apparently a lot of people who agree he needs to go and they all
agree  that these people have a moral responsibility to take the high road on

this regardless of the cost. Fine, then lets' put our money at risk as  well.
If
there are a thousand people on this list who want to see Hunte  go, then
there
should be a thousand people willing to publicly commit to  put $1000.00 each
into the deal if we get sued and the insurance doesn't  cover whatever
personal
losses are sustained in the fray by the  BOD.
We're demanding that they lay it all on the line on the assumption  that they
can't lose anything. What if we're wrong? It's not just their  fight. It's
ours
also.

This is being thrown out for reflection and  discussion. If someone wants to
take up this idea and go with, I'll  publicly commit to it first.
Does anyone know what the limits of our  liability insurance are for a
situation like this? Typically it's not more  than a million dollars total on
the high
end.

I am not advocating  that we keep him in this club. I'm just saying we need
have an  understanding of the fears and concerns our BOD may be dealing with
if, as  you say, some are preferring not to participate because of fear of
reprisal. So, let's offer some real, tangible support.

These people  are volunteers, don't forget, and this is definitely a trying
time for  each and every one of them I'm sure
lynda

Lynda, thank you.  This is exactly what I have been saying for  weeks.
Months even.  It's so damned easy to have an opinion when  "you" have nothing
loose, nothing at risk.  And, no offense, but I don't  go to a show dog list
for
legal opinions and no matter how often, how loudly, or  how passionately you
say something Peggy, it doesn't get any "truer".   You may even find it
interesting to know that some have done their own homework  and received very
different advice.  Wonder of wonders.  All you have  to do is turn on the news
today
and see 1/2 a dozen lawyers with 2 dozen  different opinions.  Swell.

BTW, the PC currently has $1,000,000 of D & O insurance.  (Dan  found more at
a better price and that's in the works.)

And for the ump-teenth time, that kind of liability insurance is NOT
guaranteed renewable.  WE DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO USE IT.

I think the concerns facing our BOD are legitimate.  I think we are  dealing
with an individual who has the means to capitalize on the mistakes made  in
the bylaws, our procedures and probably even some things I haven't thought  of,
and I am very defiantly nervous about it.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.