[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board Meetings

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 21:14:12 -0700

While I understand the limitations of the list in forming club policy, I am
not sharp enough to know my own mind until I have been exposed to a variety
of views and had time to digest them. If everyone sent all of their
impressions on a given item only to Tish, then she would be the only one
with an informed opinion. While I do think we should communicate with the
board members, I still think there is value in our discussing items, forming
opinion and arguing our opinion before the meetings rather than after
decisions are made. This is only fair to the board members who have to live
with their decisions. I, for one would rather vote after knowing what the
issues are and what the opinions are rather than being caught cold with an
issue that is going to be voted on in 30 seconds. But then, as I said, that
is probably because I am not as sharp as most of the board members and they
can digest things faster than I can.

And that's the way it is in the streets of Reno....
Dave