[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board Meeting-Learning something new everyday

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Stormy435@xxxxxxx" <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 11:50:02 -0700 (PDT)

This post brings up a good point.  Why do we not use the member section in the
GSDCA website as a way to communicate and get response from board members.
Since the list is not a secure to membership only list, I can see why the board
decided not to discuss official board business on it.  BUT, since we already
have the secure members only section, I bet Pam could use her unlimited talents
to set up a way to communicate.  That way the membership can contact their
officials (board members) and receive a reply.  I know, some will say, well,
you can contact your board members all the time.  True, but so few will
actually bother to respond, there needs to be a better way to get info back and
forth.

It could also be used to get feed back on "hot" topics that might come up for
vote, that way, board members at least will know if the membership cares enough
to voice their feelings, and maybe direct their vote that way.  Like in local
government, the constituants can contact their representatives to be heard.
Then, after the vote, the outcome should be listed and who voted which way, and
if they choose to put it down, why they voted how they did.  At least the
membership HAS the opportunity to see if they are being truly represented, and
if not, vote for those they feel will when election time comes.

 Chris
Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

Ch. Tanbark's 2MuchBling Joelle Aramist OFA H/E
Ch. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark Joelle Aramist
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E
Ch. Cresther's Blast of Kenlyn, HI, CDX, OFA