[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board Meeting News

  • From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:56:32 EST

it was a weekend from Hell, long meetings, canceled flights, a body search
because my flight was canceled switched to another airline, one way ticket,
lost
luggage, etc.; however, we really did get some good things done.

The GSDCA Regional Club Committee submitted these Action items:
Board Action Item #1  - Approved the 2005 Regional Club Committee Members:
Bob Braue, Julie Degen, Beryl  Eshom, Kris Fasano, Nancy Harper,  Betty
Johnson, Dania Karloff,  Kelly Knight, Dee Lauffer, Tom Mesdag, Liana New,
Laurie
Pruett, Amy Safdir, and Mary Tripp.

Board Action Item #2 - Approved the Regional Club Challenge Program for 2005
to be from August 1, 2004 through July 31, 2005.  We moved this deadline back
one month to give Kelly more time to prepare the final reports.  So, if you
earned any titles from August 1, 2005 you can include them in this years'
Challenge.  Have you sent your Rosters to Kelly?  Have you submitted titles on
the
forms yet?  The Regional Club Challenge Guidelines and Forms are on
www.gsdca.org, click on Regional Club Button from the Home Page.

Board Action Item #3 - Approved the GSDCA Regional Club Website Contest.
GSDCA Regional Club Website Contest  This is to be a yearly competition of the
GSDCA Regional Clubs websites.  The purpose of club websites should be as a
communication vehicle for members including upcoming meeting and event
information, fun photos and information for members, identification of officers
and to
promote ease of communication with the club.  The website should also be user
friendly to members and the general public which may be looking for information
on the breed and the Regional Club and the Parent Club. The website should be
educational as well as informational.

This contest will be judged and coordinated by Betty Johnson, Amy Safdir, and
Dania Karloff.  Contact them if you want to help.

Board Action Item #4 - The Board will direct our Delegate to the American
Kennel Club to consider changes to the current BBE Class which would allow
minor
children residing in the home to show in BBE providing the parents are
Breeder/Owner of the animal.

This change to the BBE Class had been requested by several Regional Clubs and
it was good that your Board voted to support this change so our Juniors can
show in BBE if they so desire.

There were many action items that will be out in the Board-O-Gram and via
reports of other Committee Chairs.  However, if you have any questions you can
always contact your Board by sending an email privately to any Board Member or
by sending an email to ALL Board Members, send to:  Board@xxxxxxxxx

Lew