[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board Meeting

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 10:56:11 EST

Hi Helen

There are many different types of teleconferencing.  My husband does  3-5 a
week, with staff all over the US, the UK and Spain.  With anywhere  from 4
to 35 people at a time.  This system is very functional and VERY  cost
effective.  It does remove some of the social interaction, but the  work gets
done, and rather effectively.

We use Skype all the time, to have the "face to face" interaction with our
relatives overseas. I didn't want to try it at first, and now I cant
believe I  waited this long.

I think is worth looking into it, specially when the club is looking at
ways to save money.  Even if we were to do 1/2 and 1/2.

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
2 x Sel EX AM CH & Sel CAN CH Karizma's  Cacique of Inquest TC, aka DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date (major pointed) aka  JACKIE

In a message dated 1/29/2011 6:25:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:

In a message dated 1/28/2011 5:57:06 P.M. Central Standard Time,
bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Maybe  now is the time for conferencing calls

That works fine for committees and is being used frequently,but for  a
whole Board with the number of people on it now, it would not be productive.
IMPORTANT ISSUES NEED FACE-TO FACE INTERACTION.As I suggested several times
before,it may be time to go to a smaller Board of 4 Officers and 9 Directors,
 Conferences calls very workable with smaller number.. Helen Miller  Fisher