[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Blood test to confirm pregnancy

  • From: Vontan@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:39:40 EDT

In a message dated 08/30/2005 6:00:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What do  you mean I'll know in a week??? And I thought you had to feed them
differently  and limit exercise in the last 4 weeks??

Hahaha, right, I've been fooled on more than one occasion, where I just  knew
a bitch wasn't pregnant so I didn't bother with any tests or x-rays, and it
turned out they had maybe one or 2 pups.  I've also been fooled where I
thought they were pregnant, even to the point where they got milk and started
nesting, only to find out it was a false pregnancy.   Sometimes you  just want
know at 4 wks for scheduling purposes, or maybe you are thinking of  breeding
another bitch if the other didn't take. I can think of a few more  reasons why
anyone might want to know early. Ideally you can tell by 5 wks but  its not
always possible depending on the bitch and the litter size.

Yvonne
creekvue.com