[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bloat

  • From: "Catherine Murch" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:19:58 -0400

Hi;
Have been reading the posts about bloat and stomach tacking. Last year my 9
year old guy had his stomach tacked. When we got
home from work, he had drank a lot of water and vomited all over. He was not
uncomfortable, and his stomach was not distended.
When he refused to eat any of our food we took him to the Emergency Hospital.
He walked in on his own saying hi to everyone just
being Schnapps. The vet did an exam and said his spleen felt swollen, off to
Xray he went. The Vet came back placed the CD
in the computer, and there was his stomach up against his backbone! It had done
a complete flip. She was surprised as were we, we knew of no bloating for at
less five generations, and he showed none of the typical signs. Just glad I am
one of those, who if they do
not eat off to the Vet they go. He just turned 10 and is doing fine,but we keep
a watchful eye on him.
Cathy
Kelstar
Catherine Murch