[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bleeding Pads

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:51:07 -0600

You know I grew up with dalmatians, and lots of them, all of which were
housedogs. We conditioned dogs every evening for about 3 miles and I NEVER had
a dog with this problem... My GSDs are indoor/outdoor dogs and they go camping
with us all summer (and get biked 2 miles every evening) and I have not had a
problem with them.

Are we sure there isn't some underlying infection that is causing this problem?
Dog feet naturally toughen up with age and it seems to me that it might be a
health issue that should be dealt with. And by putting foreign substances on
the feet, you are keeping them from doing what they would do naturally -
toughen up and become dog pads....

First off, a vet check should be done - second off, what about boots? I would
stay away from lotions and anything of that nature...

JMHO....

From SNOWY Wisconsin where we are getting another FOOT!!!
Jess M.Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC,
TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC
http://windowslive.com/oneline/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_anywhere_122008