[ SHOWGSD-L ] Black and red

  • From: "Dyan Merkel" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "vhmerkel@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Showgsd-l GSDList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:15:23 +0000 (UTC)

 I have black eyes and dark toe nails with solid saddles and long necks in my
West German Showline dogs.  Personally I don't see the issue.   These dogs are
no different than what I bred and had in my good temperamented dogs from AKC
Show line dogs (I won't talk about all the spooks from the AKC lines).  I moved
on because the health of the AKC showline dogs were so bad at the time.  Drop
dead bloodlines, Epilepsy, Elbow dysplacia, EPI, and many other things that I
haven't had since switching.
As a breeder I like the elegance of the lines I chose from Germany as well as
the heads, ear sets, bone and size.  My dogs are superb as companion dogs.
They will lay around all day with you or be willing to go jogging or be as
active as you want them too.  There is noting crazy about these lines they are
very healthy, hardy and remind me of my early AKC show dogs.  Granted they do
not have the extreme sidegait of the Specialty dogs of today but they do have a
strong sidegait that is a pleasure to watch.  The Sieger Show in Germany is so
exciting, the ring so large, the dogs never ever give up and gait forever.
They do not breed to the bi-color, black, or sable high drive working lines,
most working lines have lost all resemblance of what we want in conformation
for our breed.  That is why the dogs all look like they came out of the same
cookie cutter.   It's a sight to behold.