[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bitter Sweet.......ROM plaque......LONG!!!!

  • From: LBaird1608@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, anvilacres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, VDanhoffer@xxxxxxx, Beckysues15@xxxxxxx, dianeroberts.gsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, ElegantGSD@xxxxxxx, Falkrigia@xxxxxxx, Ferraristr@xxxxxxx, GSDCHABLIS@xxxxxxx, jendhi@xxxxxxxxxxx, Schiporme2@xxxxxxx, GStiefferm@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:38:51 EDT

WOW, that was really eerie..... On Monday I E-mailed the list asking about
the ROM plaques & then on Wed it arrives postmarked MONDAY!!!!
First the HAPPY, Then the Bitter Sweet part......

This ROM plaque is for our sweet gal Sturdevant's Zima ROM (13 pts 1 major)
who was from the breeding of Am/Can Ch Schneiderhof's Brew v Chablis ROM ~X~
Von Sturdevants Sweet Sarah OFA ROM.

"Z-Z" as we called her earned this ROM from only being bred back to her half
brother (through their mother "Sarah") Ch Sturdevant's Second Wind "Shocker."
So to get a second direct generation of ROM dams from an inbreeding really
makes us proud!! That's why it was the "Dream" breedings.......

Patrick & I would like to THANK the people who helped make this 2nd straight
generation ROM Dams possible!!

To: Julie Poston & Robert Earl who we co-own Ch Sturdevant's Dream Sensation
"Sassy" with & can't wait till she is bred!! Thanks for owning, showing &
finishing Sassy!!

To: Greg Eschette, Lauren & Dewayne Gaught for 12 pts & 1 major on Ch
Sturdevant's Dream On "Ronnie." Thanks for showing & helping make Ronnie Ch # 2
&
sending her back home to us!!

To: My NEW HUSBAND (YUP FOLKS WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED ON AUGUST 6, 2005 <G>)
Patrick Patricelli for demanding on keeping the "Moron Dog" Sturdevant's Dream
Catcher "Archie" Maybe some day we will return to a ring to make him CH # 3,
but for now he remains qualifier #3

To: Greg Eschette & Tim & Jamie Mauffrey for the major reserve & final
qualifier #4 on Sturdevant's Pinch Me I'm Dreamin' "Moose" this major reserve
was
not only from Novice but gave Zima her ROM, shortly after we lost "Z-Z". THANKS
GUYS for making this "DREAM" possible!!!!

"DREAMS REALLY CAN COME TRUE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for the bitter Sweet part..........................

Zima's Mom Sarah was our first "show" breeding & our VERY first HOMEBRED ROM.
Sarah's momma Jendhi Shepherds Louise CGC OFA was our foundation bitch & she
herself only needed 1 more qualifier for her own ROM.

Sadly on August 18th 2005 "Wheezy/Sweet Pea" the FOUNDATION of Sturdevant's,
Patrick's "Pepsi Card" (cause he HAD to have that silly Black bitch) went to
the Rainbow Bridge to join her children & grandchildren who went before her. We
have lost animals that we have whelped over the years, but nothing hurts more
we swear then loosing your Foundation Bitch!!!!!!

We just thought Wheezy would live forever, she gave us such intelligence,
just ask Donna Dowler with her AG-1 Sturdevants Anvil Reverie OFA TC, CDX, HT,
RE
(Another "Dream Breeding" pup of Shocker & Z-Z) "Ari" was the first GSD to
attain the Rally Advance Excellent title not to mention all her other titles
(she is extremely close to her PAM title & "IF" we can get at least a maj
reserve
(yes, she is very worthy too) on her she offers her parents like 100 ROM pts
herself).

You just never think a gal as SPECIAL as Wheezy was would ever leave you. She
wasn't a show dog, but she was a Super producer, she gave us our first
homebred Am Ch, then Wheezy also produced our first Can Ch (who is also solid
black), and then our first homebred ROM & taught us soooooo much about
temperament,
trainability, breeding, whelping, the list goes on, and on. We will forever be
grateful to Diane Cox, Sherry McFarland, Pat & Kathaleen Strong for the
breeding that produced Wheezy & letting us be owned by such a WONDERFUL
REPRESENTATIVE OF THIS GREAT BREED!!!! With each & every Sturdevant generation
that
continues to be produced we KNOW & THANK WHEEZY for being the start of it all &
being the reason we ventured into our only inbreeding, to lock in the things
she
offered is priceless!!!!

Wheezy left us the best way we think any animal could, going to sleep Wed
night on the new overstuffed bed we bought her (for her homecoming, she had
been
living still in Alabama with our oldest daughter Thereasa & came home to FL
for our wedding) with her grandson Ch Sturdevant's Z-Road Warrior OFA "Mel"
(Z-Z's litter brother) and her great granddaughter Ch Sturdevants Dream On
"Ronnie" laying by her side until we awoke Thurs morning. Patrick said when she
came
home to us on August 4th that he thought she was home to give her two week
notice & he was right 2 weeks to the day she left us for the last time. But as
the true "Queen of Sturdevant's" she couldn't leave without saying good-bye &
giving us that last kiss, that last look from those chocolate brown eyes of
hers......... Good Night Sweet Pea & THANKS FOR "THE DANCE" we wouldn't have
ever
changed a thing!!!!!!
May we forever make you as proud of us & we were of you!!

"WHEEZY"
The Foundation of Sturdevant's
Jendhi Shepherds Louise OFA CGC
June 6, 1991 - August 18, 2005
Jendhi Shepherds Black Bart ~X~ Inflight's Desiree CD OFA
a solid black breeding-

Lorrie & Patrick
Welcome to Sturdevant's -