[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bitches blowing coat related to fertility?

  • From: CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 01:16:30 EST

In a message dated 12/7/2007 8:17:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx writes:
In a  message dated 12/7/2007 9:31:44 AM Mountain Standard Time,
grrrfix@xxxxxxx  writes:
> she had noticed that the bithes she had bred over
>  the years that REALLY blew their coats (down to naked)  before their
season
> seemed to have larger litters.
>
> Has anyone  made similar observations with their bitches?
Lorraine Schowalter (one of  our all-time top breeders) used to say that when
they blew to the skin  they were going to have a good season.

I must say that I agree with this.  When they REALLY  blow coat  and get
REALLY naked seems to be a better or stronger or more fertile (or  something)
heat.

Cheri Hunt----Cheradon Shepherds
Home of Ch. Cheradon  AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes
Cert. and Certificate  of Health Merit Excellent from the GSDCA (aka Ch. Mikey)
_Ch.  Mikey_ (http://hometown.aol.com/cheradongsd/MS_PI/111603/page1.htm)
and his sister, Cameo --see her here: _Cameo's  site_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/CheradonGSD/MS_PI/091502/page1.htm)

products.