[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bitch in heat Is this normal?

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 01:56:29 EDT

Karen,
Please take her to a reliable vet.  I had a bitch do that also, after the
heat she started again a week or so later and I thought whats up with this.
Turned out she had pyometra and I opted to have her spayed to clear up the
infection.  An infection I might add that can kill them if not treated.  So
please
don't wait 2 weeks.  My vet told me I could have it cleared up with
antibiotics,
but going forward to prevent it from re-occuring after each heat season I
would have to breed her.  I will not breed a bitch every season, actually I
only
do it maybe once every three years.  Anyway please have that checked out to be
on the safe side.  I've heard of split heats, but it could be pyo and you
don't want to take a chance with her health such a dangerous infection.  Best
of
Luck.
Pat Galambos
Baerentatze Shepherds