[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bilateral Cryptorchid(often and incorrectly called Monorchid) #2

  • From: gsd0110@xxxxxxx
  • To: lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 11:50:42 -0500

Mike,
I totally agree.... if they?descend but at a late age... do we really want to
keep those dogs and breed to them??? I don't... 16 weeks is long enough and
he'd have to be awesome to wait 16 weeks..... (This has happened to me in the
last year.)

Any problem... however big or small is GOING to come back and bite you in the
a**.... so I try to make sure if I keep a dog or bitch?I can live with with
their faults.? I try and breed away from the faults but if they pop up.... can
I live with them?? If it is a health issue the answer is NO. If I have to tape
ears until they are 8 months... the answer is yes.... I don't LIKE it but I can
live with it.

Would I throw away a dog or bitch for producing a monorchid every now and
then?... NO!!!!!!!!? But if it was EVERY litter... I doubt I could live with
that... because ultimately?my own dogs are?the ones I am hurting. I always try
to keep in mind that any dog or bitch I produce could ultimately effect the
entire breed... that goes for most of us I am sure.? But there are those who
don't seem to look at the big picture.....breeding shouldn't be for the next
big show winner (though that would be nice) but for the future of the breed in
general.

Gary