[ SHOWGSD-L ] Big Special Brag

  • From: Ken and Pat Downing <abraxaskp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:20:44 -0800 (PST)

We have always been so proud of Jackie Chan ( our gift from dear late friend
Jack Budd) and don't really brag on him much but this time is a MUST!  We
recently learned that two of his offspring received OFA EXCELLENT on their
submitted x-rays:  Donsta"s Double Take Ritarra and Ritarra's Center Stage.
Congratulations to their breeders and owners:  Don and Sandy Staack and Rita
Chapman and Carolyn McKenna.  We are so grateful that you bred your lovely
bitches to Jackie.  Of course, littmermates went OFA good both hips and
elbows.  Not too shabby.

So then we decided to check out the ratio of hips and elbows submitted to
actual numbers received from OFA and we are so pleased we had to share.  Jackie
has only been bred to a selectively few number of lovely ladies and the results
are outstanding!!!
On submitted offspring:  12 submitted, Hips:  2 Excellent and 10 good; Elbows
12 submitted and 11 good.
On Jackie's full siblings:  3 submitted, Hips:  3 good; Elbows 2
On Half Siblings (Sire):  17 submitted, Hips:  2 Excellent, 9 Good and 4 Fair;
Elbows 14
Half Siblings (Dam):  2 submitted, Hips 1 Good 1 Fair, Elbows 1

Great Ratio even on the half siblings which we had no part in breeding, congats
to the owners also.  We know Jack would have been so proud of this outcome!!!
Thanks for listening.  Ken and Patty Downing

Abraxas Shepherds...The Secret of Success is Consistency of Purpose
www.abraxasgsd.com