[ SHOWGSD-L ] Big Idea - What do you think?

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:18:29 -0600

First off, I need to say a public Thank you to EVERYONE who sent photos... They
all really help in my quest to do beautiful GSD artwork..

Now, I have an idea and I am curious as to what people think and how it would
be received... It was an idea that came up in my e-mail several times AND, when
we have done it in dals, it has been very successful..

Several of my dal pieces have been auctioned off at the DCA Top 20 as
fundraisers for DCAF (our breed foundation)... The pieces have gone for
anywhere from $800.00 to $1600.00.  I have also done several pieces of artwork
for rescues - usually on-line bidding. The most one went for was about $2000.00.

Would GSD people be interested in participating is something like this?
Especially since I have all these wonderful photos to work from and I am
thinking a print where the GSDs awesome looking. It would be a bit as I want it
to be excellent quality and the dogs to be beautiful... Not sure what it would
look like, but the creativity is flowing now.

Rescues can ALWAYS use the money, as Dawn can testify - maybe a print for Last
Hope/SafeHaven.

Opinions appreciated... More ideas welcome.

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC