[ SHOWGSD-L ] Best tool I've found for undercoat removal

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:03:06 EDT

If your goal is to remove the dead undercoat on your GSD try the "MGT
Stripper Blade #10"  from PetEdge.com.  The Item No. is  TP5151009.  This is
without
a doubt the best undercoat removal tool I've  found so far. Price: $11.99.
Buy two, a friend will most likely borrow one  and never return it.....size #10
is made for GSDs.

I had one with me at the AZ shows this last weekend and let a couple of
people use it, and they wanted to buy it from me right there and then.   This
tool
WILL NOT damage the top coat.  However, as with any tool of this  kind, do
not use against the grain.  You will tear off the hair, and your  dog will
probably bite  you.......with reason.

Or...... you can do it the easy way and take the blow dryer 2 or 3 times a
week to your dog.
That's my favorite method of removing dead hair....<G>

I have tried the furminator shampoo and conditioner, and they are pretty
good, but not much better than the "Mane and Tail" products, which you can find

at your local feed store and WalMart, and are a whole lot cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Ileana
I  go to dog shows to have fun, otherwise I can go to work  ;-)