[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Best of Winners

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zarniwoop1973@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:14:44 GMT

At a show here in Florida Slider got a 3rd place ribbon - Winners Dog was from
his class so the 2nd place dog had to go back for Reserve.
The next thing I know AKC wrote me that I have to send back his 2nd place
ribbon and his placement was being recinded for not going back in the ring for
Reserve.  I sent them a letter from Scott (his handler) that Slider was not the
2nd place winner along with a photocopy of his 3rd place ribbon and that I was
sitting 20 feet from the ring enterance and he was never called.  The owner of
the 2nd place dog ignored my request for a letter.  Anyway, the judge denied
this happend and claimed that Slider was definitely 2nd place so his placement
was recinded.  I told AKC I coundn't return his 2nd place ribbon because he
never had one and they said to forget returning the ribbon.

I know it's not worth fighting over a 3rd place ribbon, it was the principle.
I said to hell with it and will never show another dog with AKC as long as I
live.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uidB94023 - Link to The Hooligans
Albums

-- "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The only time a dog is REQUIRED to compete (here in the AKC shows) is that
group winners MUST compete for Best in Show.

 You are not REQUIRED to show up to compete for Winners, Reserve, or Best
of Winners.... and Winners and Reserve may be awarded when all dogs eligible
are not present....   not so Best of Winners........to award that, both dog
and bitch must be in the ring.

Peggy

Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Best of Winners

> I've twice gotten nastygrams from AKC and had class placements rescinded
> for not getting a dog in the ring for Winners.  I had ring conflicts, and
> in one case, I had the dog standing by, but the person that had offered to
> help wandered off.  I found that one judge even tried to have me benched,
> but the Rep advised against it.

Click for online loan, fast & no lender fee, approval today
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/Ioyw6i4tyufoqs8heId1e7va0MtAyBWUT69AJdaqrBH1rhojzRhqQe/