[ SHOWGSD-L ] Best in Futurity Brag!!!

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:32:27 -0400

Today, at the Northeast Futurity under judge Linda Bankhead, our Windy
Acres-Dirigo Lookin' for Trouble (Luke) went BEST IN FUTURITY!!!  Thank
you, Linda, for recognizing our young black and red dog .

Luke, who is just 12 months old, was trained by his co-breeder, Ariel
Cassista,  doubled by his co-owners Amanda Ireland and Ariel, and
beautifully presented by Colin Howells.   Luke lives with Amanda and
Ariel and they had him in top show condition.  Colin handled Luke to
perfection and looked like he was having a great time out there with him
to boot.  I think Colin was as excited as Ariel, Amanda and I were to
get BIG WOOD!

We were both humbled and pleased by the enthusiastic crowd support for
Luke.  It was wonderful to know that so many of the fancy appreciate
Luke as much as we, his breeders and owners, do.

This was a first for me - I've finished a number of champions over the
years, some of whom have been competitive on a national level - but
never ever have I won a futurity.  I think it's safe to say I'll be
smiling about this day for a long time to come.

Luke is by 2X Sel Ex Ch Bill-Mar's Here Comes Trouble out of our
Noelle, aka Windy Acres' Ben In a Spirit OFA H&E.  Noelle is also the
dam of Ch Windy Acres' My Oh My OFA H&E (RWB at the North Carolina
national) and Windy Acres' Whole Lotta Luv (this year's best female at
the northeast conformation Olympics.

Laurie Pruett
Windy Acres