[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bernalillo County, NM

  • From: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:15:53 EST

In a message dated 11/27/2007 10:45:29 AM Mountain Standard Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
> forward...this happened yesterday, but will try to get updates on what the
> results were
> This is coming to you at the last moment!
Stormy and all.....
   I went to this meeting to put in my 2 cents about our constitutional
rights being eroded, etc.....it was a well-attended meeting and our
councilwoman
was there too.  It was made very clear by many of the South Valley residents
that we are not in the City and don't want City restrictions.  That being said,
many articles in the new proposal are good things for this area, known for the
overabundance of pit bulls, fighting, and dumping dogs, etc.
   There was a PETA affiliate person there who got nasty stares and a couple
of new people from other states who were in favor of more restrictions.  That
alone will send South Valley people into a spin.....just what we need....more
people from out-of-state telling us what to do with New Mexico.  Not.
    Anyway, there are more public meetings to be held before this will be
written into law.  I think our concerns were heard and will be taken into
account.  At least I hope so.
    Jamie