[ SHOWGSD-L ] Belleville IL shows

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 23:25:30 EST

For folks who might be coming ...
 I just drove by the Belleville show site, and they do have power there.  The
roads in this immediate area are in excellent shape, except for some back
streets that might still be blocked with downed trees, power lines, and broken
power poles. The only main road I saw that was blocked was West Main Street in
downtown Belleville.  There is a power pole and power line down across that
road right near the fountain (town square).  I doubt anyone will have to go
that
way though, and highway 159 is clear all the way through town. I understand
that central Missouri is a total mess, with a foot or more snow on the ground.
The farther west of St. Louis you go, the deeper the snow is.
Everyone have a safe trip if you are coming, and make sure you have a motel
room before you do.  I expect all of the local motels will be full because so
many people have no heat. If you are booked to stay in Fairview Heights ... all
of the power is on there.  Dress warm ... It will be in the mid teens
tonight, and it is supposed to get colder over the next few days.

I don't know if I'll make it to the shows or not.  I have lots of limbs to
cut and move both here and at my shop.

Tom Langlitz