[ SHOWGSD-L ] Belated National Brag

  • From: myra shear <shearmy1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 14:10:17 -0700 (PDT)

One trip to the National.  Two black and red rosettes.  Two select champions in
one litter.
Much to celebrate here at Oh-My as litter sisters US & Can. Ch.
Honey Crisp of Oh-My and US & Can. Ch. Clementine of Oh-My (Sel. Ex.
 Ch. Lindenhill's Vinnie the Viper x US Sel. & Can. Sel. Ch. Cherry
Crush of Oh-My, OFA) go Select at this year's National.  What a true
honor to receive these awards at the Centennial show under judge Dave
Rinke, undeniably one of the most accomplished and respected names in
the breed.  Even sweeter for both girls to have made Dave's Top Ten List
 with Honey going Select #3 and Clementine going Select Ex. #8.  Not too
 shabby considering Honey was completely out of coat on the big day, and
 Clem hadn't been in a show ring in a year.  What's more, they won with
no paid advertisement.

My heartfelt thanks to handlers Kelly Salava
 (on Honey) and Christy Heiman (on Clem) for presenting these girls in
such grand fashion.  Not surprisingly, showing two litter sisters from
the same household in the same Specials class is no small challenge.
Kelly and Christy not only worked hard with whichever bitch each was
showing but also demonstrated the professionalism and dedication to
collaborate with one another ensuring that both sisters could share the
ring and compete together without interfering with each other.  From
grooming to training to conditioning, Kelly and Christy covered all the
bases.  My gratitude also goes to Christy's husband, Clint Heiman, for
his herculean efforts working overtime to double handle both bitches.
Clint was the superglue that held it all together.

Campaigning
two littermates naturally invites many people to freely share their
opinions as to which sister is the better one.  While each girl has had
her own set of fans along the way, for me it has been like comparing
apples to oranges.  I believed both girls were "good ones" and was
determined to take each as far as she could go eventually culminating in
 a dream to take them both to the big dance.  Ambitious perhaps, but
sometimes in life you have to go out on a limb.  That's where the fruit
is.

Most special of all, this is my third generation of
homebred select champions beginning with Select Ex. Ch. Do Si Do of
Oh-My, followed by her daughter US Sel. & Can. Sel. Ch. Cherry Crush
 of Oh-My OFA, and now with Cherry's daughters Honey and Clementine, my
good fortune continues.