[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bela Heading for Utah

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:37:43 -0600

I am very glad that best friends animal sanctuary made sure to say that if
you will your pet, make sure you tell the people you're willing it to that
it is the plan!!! I am rather shocked to read best friends saying "the
first they heard about Bela was in the news." And, that they didn't know he
had been willed to them as an option until then..:
And of course we'll never hear another thing about him since the media got
their warm fuzzy ending... And best friends animal sanctuary surely got
thousands in donations

I hope everyone (including dog!) are still all warm fuzzy in about 60 days
once everything settles down. Seriously, people freak out that my dogs dare
to BARK at them for their coming into MY house the first or second time!  I
pray there's plenty of people with shepherd experience out there so they
don't end up euthing Bela anyhow after all this.
That would be another shame in itself.
I can't complain I suppose since the owner allowed for his going to BFAS
(but didn't have the money to pay for him to go?, so how did she expect
that to happen without this big media circus?) so the letter of the law was
apparently followed in the case or Connie Ley's last will & testament. I
do, however, wonder what the executor would have decided had the media or
the animal shelter not gotten involved in the story in the first place. I
imagine he would have been spreading both of his friends' ashes on that
farm they loved so much. I wonder if that provision still stands that
ownership was released to BFAS (as with all animals they have)?

Another sobering learning experience, don't y'all think?

Jen P & her Pack

--
JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911 Canine Consulting
Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!

Support the next generation's stewards in the sport of dogs...
Donate to the German Shepherd Dog Youth Recognition Fund!
www.dogshowjuniors.com