[ SHOWGSD-L ] Behavior, the other side

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:31:02 -0700

While the subject of behavior and sportsmanship or the lack thereof, is
being discussed...I want to share with everyone,
publicly, and give appreciation to, someone for an immense kindness a couple
of weeks ago....
It is no surprise to anyone, esp on the West Coast that Karen Taylor and I
are competitors....staunch, serious, take no prisoners, kind of
competitors.   We each bring intensity to the ring...we can each leave with
intensity.  Not sure how else to put that, lol.

A couple of weeks ago at the No Cal shows,  Karen and I were at the wash
area, it was hot outside, and very busy.
In that quiet moment there, each with our own dogs being readied, there was
a tenseness......competition can be electric sometimes...
In that moment, Karen looked at me and said  "Kathy, I was so very sorry to
read  that you had lost Nitro.   You know he and Elmo
competed against each other for so many years, neck and neck.  It was just
very sad to see that Nitro was gone, I am sorry."
and she MEANT it.

It brought me to my knees, it makes me tear up even now to recall the
conversation.
Such a seemingly small (but not small) kindness from someone with whom I
have competed for so long......
THANK YOU KAREN, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

With utmost respect,
Your FRIEND  in GSDs,
Kathy....

http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
~or~
http://www.germanshepherdssocal.com
PUP-DATED:  JUNE 14, 2009
Home of:

CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING