[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Behavior

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:57:27 EST

I hear you Mo, and we (well most of us) have the tee shirt, but damn it, it
 shouldn't be like that!

I get that you have to have a certain amount of stick-to-it  to be
successful w/ anything in life...(hah, if they, the folks who would quit at the

first "bad" had any IDEA the hurt that can come out of the whelping box,
they'd  run, not walk to the nearest exit!!!).

BUT, BUT, BUT the trouble is when it comes to dogs, we're dealing w/ living
 things and it is a little different to deal with wrongs that involve
living  things than dealing w/ the repercussions of say.... hiring a bad
contractor.

I'm all for a better system to file complaints.  IF the complaints are
found to be valid, publish them in the Review.  Change whatever codes,
applications, procedures are necessary.  Crack down.

We aren't dealing w/ "just" a hobby.  Peoples' emotions, their  CHILDRENS'
emotions are impacted by the choices they make when bringing a living  thing
into their lives, and I say tighten things up.  No, you can't  legislate
honesty, but you can darn well sure EXPOSE dishonesty, so that the  next guy
has a heads up.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 11/16/2009 9:31:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Denise,
How fast people forget that we were all newbies  at one time or the other.
There are Breeders that circle the newbies, go  in for the kill.......take
what they can and are gone. Been there, done  that one! I just refused to
let
them get me down. You just have to learn  from your mistakes and go on.  As
in  any group of people, there  are the givers and the takers.
You have to decide how  determined you are, stick in there, do even more
homework and keep on  truckin'! The old saying,  what doesn't kill you,
just
makes you  stronger. There will always be the people that try and pull one
over on  you. KNOW the facts, stick to your guns and do what YOUR head says
you  should do. Are you ever going to fall again, probably. You just have
keep learning from your mistakes and never make them again.  Do you  have
worth in this Breed? Sure you do! Education is the key Denise. Make a
point
to ALWAYS be 110% HONEST to yourself, your breeding program, and the
people
that buy one of your pups.    Mo