[ SHOWGSD-L ] Before the end in Dogs

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 16:06:29 EDT

In come those magnificent males. I, (Evan) am back and have come down off
the wall from Magic Marker going Select. It is more fun to win. I havenâ??t
had a  win for so long that I had forgotten.  Tony just told me I was wrong
with  the junior and it was Maria Oster.  I would trust him more than me.

What a great looking group of dogs. I wonder how Dave can keep this up so
long, and must be exhausted, and they are still coming in. I am wearing my
Harley Davidson sweatshirt. I kept it covered until Markie was done. She
doesnâ??t  like me cheering for another dog.

Man were those beautiful bitches. Dave and Ed are the two best judges I
have ever seen. And, now that our board is dominated by women, we manly men
need  to find solice somewhere.  Zoe has been here most of the day, and seems
to  be having a good time.

Dave and Karen are in the ring to check everyone in with them all standing.
 I see Charllona is on Harley, and it was touch and go, as to if she would
go  on.  I just took the last chocolate chip cookie.  It is good the show
is about over. Bob and I supply the eats here at the command center, and the
only rule is that it canâ??t be good for you. Molly and I did the Junior
Mints.  The closest we came to healthy food was oatmeal cookies.

They are 3/4 checked in and Dave walks out to look them over.  Boy is  he
tall. Mike Cheeks just came by.  Out go the last of the class, and in  there
are the first seven. Diane has Itâ??s All That Matters, and I like the looks
of him.  There they go.  Big handsome males.  I was wrong Cindy  Tellefson
has Harley.  Now Dave starts the individuals.

Bill Lernerd is here and now I am talking to Ron Peet.

First out was Iâ??m All That Matters of Edan with Diane, Kelly with Von
Dinheart Midnight Harley, then Nick with Winsomesâ?? Dream Love Bear Peddacre,
Dave doesnâ??t even look tired, and I sure am.  I see Frank Fasano and talked
to him in the menâ??s room. It was very private.

Now we have Suean Lyloakâ??s First Night. That is a very dark black and  tan.
 He takes his down and back, like a man.  Bob and Molly are  bonding and
she is supposed to feed me this information.  She may be  finished with me
when this is over.  How cool was it with the dams of the  GV and the second
Select being the same the last time Dave judged the  national?

Now we have Nick with Cade of Fran-Jo. The sire of the Best Bred By this
year.  I have always liked Cade.  He still looks like a puppy.   He is five
now, and in his prime. Now Dave calls out Nancy with a bi-colored  male
Brazos of Satr-Nordlicht, owned by Ebertins, he is doing the results on the
parent club page. He spent a lot of time in the booth trying to de-frag his
computer.

Scottie brings out Kismetâ??s Centurion. Having Molly here is like having two
 of us on the computer. What a great thing. Maybe some day she can take
this  over. She has a normal mind and you wouldnâ??t hear all the nonsense I
put
out.

I talked to Paula a bit, and she is a wreck. I know how much she loves
Harley.

ASGARDâ??S HARLEY DAVIDSON OF PLAMARK  IS OUT THERE WITH CINDY  TELLEFSON.
Bob finished that dog.

Molly just reminded me that my number eight select means she is within the
top ten bitches in America this year. I like that.

They are done with the first group and now the second group.    Leading is
Ken Tank with a good looking male. I like waht Patti hasin there and  I see
The Guz with Bounty Hunter.  Diane Brown is outside the ring but has  a
number on, so she has dreams of Grand Victor in her head, still.

Out there is Ken Tank with Amberâ??s Jake The Snake. I do miss Barbara
Amadon, who I understand is having knee problems. I hope she does well and we
see her in Utah.

Maryellen Kish is going by and it is quiet in here right now.  Now up  is
Holly a good looking redhead, with Lutzhaus Sirkobrasas Winsom.  I hope  I
spelled that correctly, and if not, again blame Flower Boy.

What a tremendous job out board and Bill did with this National. If you
havenâ??t thanked the two people who fought for streaming video yet, let Gail
and  Lanalee know what you think. Also thanks to Molly for all this help.

Now we have Ariel with Nikireeâ??s Summer Premiere the Futurity Victor from
Concord.  Tedi is sitting down, and still grinning. I see Cappy is busy
with friends and there is Channing.

Patti Breault with Marhavenâ??s Next in Line Reno. He was Select this year in
 Canada. I donâ??t know this stuff, Molly does. One year I said to Dick
Jenning who  works with me, that Earnie Loeb was doing the national. Without
missing a beat,  he said, â??Do you realize that the last time he judged the
national, in his first  cut were the next three Grand Victors?â??  Who has a
mind
like that?   This from the man who owned Jennick Kennels and Just Jamaca and
others.

The crowd likes that dog and he sure does cover the ground.

Jullie Hamasaki has Faithrock Carolyn Good Vibrations.  I am amazed  that
the handlers can deal with this ring after all the years they have handled.
I would love to go out in the ring again, and maybe will at local shows.
But, my  National days are long past, and I have the Wisdom To Know The
Difference.

The Bounty Hunter is out there with Jerry.  Kent came by and Joe  Larosa is
talking to Al in front of us.  I see Gloria is still dressed up  and what a
great outfit. She will be able to wear it to the prom.

Hy-Cliff with Gable, Hy-Cliff Gable. I liked him last year, but he didnâ??t
make the cut.  A real powerful dog, and all man.

Olivia is out there with Charboâ??s Key Largogh V Marjo.  I did some  neat
stuff and will say in a minute.

We have the third group in now. I was asked by Becky Dickson to go on line
to look up Bronsonâ??s OFA numbers and with help from Zoe and Molly as well
as  Becky, was able to do it. I am now officially a techie.

I love that second dog, a Color Dog son, and I will get to him in a  minute.

First up is Beth with Melanaâ??s Mojito.  Thatâ??s Milissa Cambellâ??s dog.  He
is out of Pandemonium.  Randy Chessnut came by to talk about our girls.  One
the Maturity Victrix, the other number eight Select. We tried to figure out
 which was better. I am keeping my Select Title.  And they go around one at
 a time. I could go back and take a nap for this.

Greg with the Color Guard son, a real dark dog, Marhavenâ??s Solitare
Traveler, and he is impressive.  I think that is one hell of a male, and  while
hate his color, I love his type.

George with Diesel with Trafalgerâ??s Full Throttle. If anyone didnâ??t know,
it was last yearâ??s Grand Victor. He is young and looks better this year.
He is only three and a half. I would think Dave would love him.

Duane Siebly with Samurai Jette Jackson.  Another Color Guard  Son.  The
Boss rules.  Mike Cheeks is looking serious and walked over  to the ring.

This is a girl in Red, Crystal. She has Ketlyns Written in Stone.   There
is a lot of milling about.
Molly here now, Evan had to leave for a  bit.   Alex is out there with
Karizmaâ??s Cacique of Inquest better  known as Dexter.  Next up, Bill Basu
with
Mar Havenâ??s Last Cowboy  Song.

Kent has entered with the Can GV Tazzmanâ??s Aregon. And that is the end of
this group.

The next group is coming in and Evan is taking over.....

We are taking votes on who you want to do this, Me or Molly?  I like  her
touch and she types so much better than I do. I see the next group is in
there. I love the Cowboy dog.

This is the fourth group out of seven, (I think).  I see Lew Bunch  working
the crowd, and walking by now.  Nancy McDonald is sitting down. I  saw Lee
outside and he said watching is easier than judging, and I know that to  be
true.

Sylvain is out there with Pastor Burgas.  He is a Canadian Champion  and is
a Canadian Select.

Abby (with the best clothes of the national), with Inverness T Bird
Eko-Lan.

Cindi with Shantyâ??s Monte Carlo.  He is a Hoodlum son, and I have  always
liked that dog. He is popular in California.

Jammie Clute with Keylis Bloomsberryâ??s In Thyme. Another dark dog. Either
we no longer have a pigment problem in the breed, or there is more going on
than  I know. That may indeed be the answer.

Joanne is out there now with a dark sable, Echo-Chamâ??s Escalde. Another
Color Guard son. He took reserve futurity futurity under Kathy Castile in
Tennesee in 2005.

Mike has his entry in there it is Wolf Creek Phoenix V Merivern.  Bill
Bergraff is in front of us, and seems to have taken a deep breath. It seems to
have all come together, and it must be a relief.  He used to do this for a
living and it shows.

The crowd likes Mikeâ??s dog.   But, this is a bit boring, and a  long
suffering proceedure.

Lenny with Kaleefâ??s Itâ??s All About Me.  Carolyn Martello came by, and  I
was pleased to see Tammy Howard here. She got out of the hospital and looks
good.

Out there is Trish Wylie with a dark sable Adelgardâ??s Yancy D Von Marquin.
He is an Extra Extra son and if you need to ask who that is, sign off this
Blog  now, and go to the next national. He is seven and a half years old,
Yancy, not  Extra Extra.
They take a lap together, and there isnâ??t anything to get  excited about,
yet!

Now the second half of the group. Tedi came by but I didnâ??t have time  to
talk to her. I know I will hear about that on the way home. I might be done
with the Blog after this year. Dave takes lots of notes.

Now on to group five.

Zoe is asleep behind me.  It may be a long day, there are three more
groups and it is three Oâ??clock.

I see Ron Peet has a camera here at ringside.   They take another  lap.
Hard to get excited at this point, and I would rather take another  nap.

Bill Tank has Kaleefâ??s Joshua V Kenlyn. A Bronson son.  Owned by the  Moses
and is a Maturity winner under Bobbie Kindy.

Now a nice young man I donâ??t know, (his name is Patrick)  with  Kebre-Kaleef
â??s AJ VonHornberger.  I am just giving you the names, when it  gets
exciting I will name the dogs, and you can go back and try to figure out  the
handlers. You have to so some of the work.

Jeff Pyle with Trafalgarâ??s Feature Presentation. A brother to Diesel and
Pacific Chai.  They call him Kahnya.

JR has Shadow Acres and Castle Hillâ??s In Cahoots.  Her mother is a  litter
mate to last yearâ??s Grand Victrix, if I am not mistaken, and I might well
be.  I often am.

Jenn Somogyni with Alfaroâ??s Rambling Man, who is a Honky Tonk son.

Linda Bankhead, one of the best looking woman at the national, with Donkaâ??s
 Worth the Wait.  Terry Rock is in front of us and we can hear every word
she says.  Another one of those Bronson sons, Worth The Wait, not  Terry.

Morris in short sleeves with Marquis Stealing The Show, OSCAR for those who
 donâ??t know or who have lived in the woods the last two years. A Bailey
son.  A very very nice dog, and a clear crowd favorite.

Al Martin has Kaleefâ??s Cochise V Kenlyn.  Fran Ford is still sitting
ringside and looks fresh. I wish I felt that way.  I did find out Dave is
seven
days younger than me, no wonder he has so much energy.

Now the class takes a pass together. Just the first four. Dave breaks each
group of eight in half, and using advanced math, that comes to four.  Now
he takes the second half again.

Now the group with Jimmy in it. He has been my hero for years and while I
got older, he got younger.  He has an Aries son called Bronson.  You  had to
be in a cave not to know who that is.

They take another pass.  All eight of them.  The best Junior  Handler Liz
Ostlerâ??s daughter is in there. She runs just like Liz.

Jimmy is out there with Hicliff Bronson V Kaleef, and Baily Panach  son.
Panash was the second Select under Dave when he judged in Florida and  the
damn of the number two Select bitch today.
Baily is the sire of six of  the Select Bitches.

Liz with Winsomes Raybearone.  He is three now.  He won a  futurity under
Bob Funk.

This is the Winnerâ??s Dog from Tuesday under the Great Bob Dresher, (The
Voice of The National).  He is the move-up, Lindenhillâ??s Machu Picchu with  a
Canadian handler Benoit Champagne.

Now we have Beth with Winsomâ??s Rockybearboa II.  Beth is a Junior who  has
great style and is going to be a top handler is she doesnâ??t get interested
in boys. He was the Maturity Victor this year.

This is another move-up, Carettiâ??s Archangel with Steve Granger.  He  is a
Samari son, so he is half brother to my Samari daughter Honey Be  Good.

Art Sinclair comes in with the Winnerâ??s dog Ejm Nâ?? Eko-lanâ??s Eli.
Ellenâ??
s dog.

Now we have the Veteran winner with John Beyer.  7-9, Donkaâ??s Kahlua.

The 9 and over Veteran with Maria Osterâ??s daughter Sirius Park Worth the
Trip at ten.  He is one year older than the handler.    Now,  that is the
first crowd pick. I donâ??t know if it was for Maria. A real cute  pair.   Her
mother doesnâ??t look much older than her.

Thankfully this is the last group and now we start the true hell for about
half the handlers. There goes the group together.  The first four, and now
the second four.

That Veteran has held together.

Now the unkindest cuts of them all.

Dave has left the building. I am a man and wonder how he was holding out
this long.  He is a better man than me. But, Martha and I knew that.   He is
back, sat for ten seconds and now is back in the ring.

It is a good time for a break.

The first group is back in.

He takes them around again, and it might be the last time for many of them.
 There they go with lumps in their throat. I only see two I would go with,
but no  one asked me.

He pulls Iâ??m All That Matters, (Kobe), and takes the rest of the group
around.  He takes Centurian, and sends the rest to waiting hell.

Now the second group: Lots of hope and not much to wish for.

Ken Tank is in front and The Guz is in there too.  They take a pass.  Those
on the Video can see it all, the rest, tough shit. Donâ??t call a bench show
committee on me.

He points to Cirkrobrass, and takes around Next In Line Reno and YES she
gets the nod and goes to heaven at the national, and the rest take a pass to
end  the day, perhaps.  There is still another chance.

He pulls Gable and Key Largo with Hunter.  Five from that group, and  in
comes another.

Molly thinks there will be four pulled from this group. She says it is a
strong group. There they go.

He pulls GV Full Throttle, and is talking to them, looking them over and
seems to want to see them take another pass. I donâ??t think Dave is impressed
with them as much as Molly was, and he takes them around and there they  go.

He takes Aragon, Kent is relieved.  He looks at the rest of them and
shoves them back to the ranks of disappointed.

Another group and Savaine is leading this group.  These dogs are fired  up
with hours to go.  Dave goes for another trip, I donâ??t think he is
overwhelmed with this group.

He looks closely at them and goes over and points to Itâ??s All About Me, and
 no one else.

Another group of hopefuls, and not much chance left. I would hate to be in
there, glad I have one of those big black and red ribbons that no one can
take  away. There they go, maybe for the last time, the first four.  He pulls
 Joshua, and asks for the next group, and passes on the rest.

Four with some dreams left, Jen is in front.  He pulls Rambling Man  and
Oscar.  Baily is doing good here today. He takes Feature Presentation  and YES
he gets to stay at the dance for a while.

Off the rest go.  There is a big group of lost souls in  there.     Molly
here, next group is in.
Bronson,  Ray Bearone and wnners dog Eli has been pulled.   That was the
last  group.  17 have been pulled at this point.  Evan is back...

Yes, it is I.

He is taking those with dashed hopes one at a time.. As someone how handled
 for years, I know the feeling.  There goes Harley, and he is done for the
day, I suspect. But he looked good doing it.  I might as well take off my
Harley sweatshirt.  Solitare Travelor (T-Boy), goes out there and Dave
looks him over, since the crowd loves him and YES he gets pulled.

Boy, this can be hard on the emotions.  Not many of these are being  saved,
and Dave is such a good job, and it shows. YES he pulls Dexter, Illeanaâ??s
dog.

There goes Cowboy and no, there goes another.  Everyone gets a good  look.
I like that in a judge.  The crowd is quiet now, and waiting for the  end
game.

I am amazed how what he has left is not Select quality. I know I could not
do that well. Dave and Ed are able to do that in such a short time. I would
love  to know how their brain works. There goes the Junior Handler with the
Veteran.  He looks good, but no longer great.  The Rest Go Home.

Now the rest, nineteen.  All with hopes of Select. None of them can  have
my ribbon, and I know they would take it. I earned it, and I wanted it, and
I am keeping it.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/