[ SHOWGSD-L ] Because we don't need to

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:46:32 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 8/4/12 8:33:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
izaackerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Morgan -  that's amazing - So if it's not the economy nor the rude
handlers,
what is  it ???

We, the German shepherds have more specialty shows, more specialty judges
and more entries at specialty shows than any other breed.

Many breeds have no place else to go, other than the all-breed ring. We
don't have to do that.

Here in Los Angeles/Orange County, I belong to four specialty clubs who
hold two shows each every year. Within a two hour drive is San Diego for two
more.  If I want to head to Phoenix, or San Francisco/Sacramento, there are
another six shows, within a six hour drive. Then there is Las Vegas for
another  two, and about four and a half hours away.  As president of the Reno
club,  I support our own shows as well.

Why would I need to show at an all-breed show with a judge who means well,
but does not have a clue about the standard?

About every three or four years I forget this, and enter an  all-breed.  It
does not take long to remember why I don't do that.