[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Beauceron

  • From: "Mary-Anne" <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:04:30 -0500

I thought the Beauceron reacted quite well to the mouth exam, but it seemed
to me that the judge must have been quite rough when examining his nether
end.  What a well built dog!  I wonder perhaps if the judge didn't have a
frisson of fear as he approached him and the dog picked up on that.  My
thinking here is that as the dog whipped his head around to look at the
judge, Saltzmann backed up about 2 feet really quickly and then reapproached
VERY cautiously (for a working judge) and tried to make nice to the dog
after again.  Like I said, a very well built dog - quite the competition for
a German Shepherd.
Mary-Anne