[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Be ready to thropw up again!!!!!

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:14:59 EDT

So why do they need legislation to do that?   Again, this is something that
they can do, and it would be appreciated, I am sure in various
communities...why is it necessary to tie it to a statewide proposal.   Has Best
Friends
offered to do this before the publicity of AB1634 hit?   Let them show that
they
really care by offering it to the cities that say they need help.

And can we all see that we are all lumped in with the word "breeders"?
There were NO "commercial" breeders in this.   There were rescue people, people
who have never bred, etc., etc.   And yes, breeders.

Again, if they are able to subsidize AFTER a bill to their liking is passed,
what's to stop them NOW?
Just same old, same old.

Stormy
In a message dated 7/14/07 12:13:57 AM, Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx writes:

> Best Friends Supports Move to Improve California Spay-Neuter  Bill,
> Pledges to Work with Groups to Create Statewide Subsidy Program  Yeah!!!

snip
The original bill mandated that all dogs and cats be spayed  or
neutered ââ?¬â?? given a few exceptions. The problem, Berry explained,  was
that the list of exceptions kept growing and growing as  different
lobbies, especially the commercial breeders, got in on the act and  saw
their profits being threatened.
snip...
 we pledge to work with  our
members in California, and with local humane groups  across the state,
to create the first-ever, statewide spay/neuter subsidy  program in
California. We feel such a subsidy program is  critical if this bill is
to have any meaningful success for the animals it  seeks to protect."

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs
www.cfodconline.org