[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Be happy, don't worry

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:28:13 -0700

Locked hocks, bad temperament , serious faults of gait, bad bites cannot
improve the breed.
They should not win but often do.  Longcoatedness does not harm the breed
but is overly penalized.
There are MANY MANY times I have seen and even had long coats ..beautiful
specimens, except for that
one small issue..coatedness.    Yet I watch nearly every weekend people
wildly applauding dragging rears,
bad temperament, racing around the ring because make em go slow and they
fall apart, lack of secondary sex
characteristics...and people are ostracized for showing a coat.  Are you
kidding me?
One of the FINEST GSDs I ever saw was Sel Ch. Happyanunoit's
Sister.."Toddy" Jagans Hot Option.
She was a brilliant rep for the breed..exceptional..but ooopsie  a coat...
No body would ever show her..because she would never get a look.
But boy did people clamor to lease her.
Including the dogs that actually may BENEFIT our breed is not a detriment..
making it more the "norm" in time to show them, may encourage people to
show that otherwise would not.
I still see no harm in it.    It is amazing how reluctant some are to try
anything new, especially in a time when
majors of 12 dogs are hard to get, and people are not showing for various
reasons and AR is making doing anything
with dogs damn near impossible.   INCLUDE more, everyone benefits...exclude
and stick with the same old , same old, and we
will no longer have a 5 pt major at our Nationals...
Adapt, move ahead, think out of the box..or die out as a club and a sport
and a fancy...pretty simple to me.
Bring on the longcoats...I look forward to them!!   Maybe the protest from
some is well founded?  Maybe it's fear of
competition?
We all know that
coats , much to any breeder's frustration almost always have the best
front, bone, heads, temperament...ugh what is
up with that? LOL.  Never fails, though.
kathy
*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
*Updated: May 2012*
*CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
**CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle *
*RBIF Monarch's Tarragon v Kaleef*
*
*
*"Victory...*Vires et honestas"