[ SHOWGSD-L ] Be cautious about mandatory pet spay-neuter legislation

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:04:15 -0800

This is an excellent article to at least read once.  Those who want
all animals should be s/n should read twice.
Storm

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100228/GJCOMMUNITY_01/702289971/-1/FOSLIFESTYLES

Be cautious about mandatory pet spay-neuter legislation

Sunday, February 28, 2010
Periodically, a number of facts seem to fall into place, revealing a
truth that might not have been apparent previously.

Something like this happened to me this week. I had been wondering how
it is possible for Americans to be so enchanted with dogs as pets, and
at the same time, to hold beliefs that, if put into action, would
actually eliminate the species in a relatively short time. Let me
review the situation, and let's see if you agree with my conclusions.

Roughly 37 percent of American homes include at least one pet dog.
Most people at least pay lip service to an appreciation of how much
dogs add to our lives and to our culture. While dogs no longer have
the job of warning cave dwellers of approaching danger, the jobs they
do perform for us could be even more valuable. ,,,,,,,,more at link

Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org
UPDATED EVENTS/LINKS!
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
GSDCA Legislation http://tinyurl.com/nj2tgz
Sunshine Squad showgsd.org/sunshine.html