[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: "Be Kind To Newbies Day"

  • From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 03:36:03 -0700 (PDT)

We (Darcy and I)use UKC as a training tool to get puppies(and Jrs.) ready for
AKC. Ring procedures are similar as are evals(teeth, testicles etc) some of the
quality leaves alot to be desired. I've seen several crossover CH/GRCh
(AKC/UKC)Chs. and have also seen some crap. The newbies need to realize that
just because their dog is competitive in UKC doesn't mean it will be in AKC.
Been there done that Cherish is a UKC GRCh. but would she finish in AKC No not
just my opinion but also a couple of GSD breeder judges as well.

Bob Neiman / Walled Lake, Mich.
Breeder/owner of UKC GR Ch.B'N'B-Barkalot's Cherish RN
Co-owner of UKC ChSandyCreek-B'N'B-WC's Christmas Star AKA Echo
Co-owner of Ketlyn's Black Widow