[ SHOWGSD-L ] Baytril

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:11:14 -0800 (PST)

I have a 7 year old bitch and for each of her seasons
I used an antibiotic prophylactically from day 7 for
10 days. I did this following an early bout of some
type of uterine infection during her second season,
and never had another problem. She delivered 7 pups
last year with no problems. We did a repeat breeding
and will know if she is expecting again Jan 2. Did not
know that Baytril caused fertility problems. Vet never
mentioned it. How about other antibiotics?

=====
Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas