[ SHOWGSD-L ] Basenjis

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:06:17 -0400

Basenjis here are much like they are in Africa, which is where they come
from.  Not too many years ago several of the top Basenji people took a trip
to Africa and went looking for dogs to bring back to solve some problems
they were having in the breed.  The African tribesmen were still hunting
with the dogs, and they were exactly like our show dogs, just not as flashy.
Damara Bolte (who lives here in Virginia) and a few others brought some dogs
back and mixed them in, I believe.  There was a big story about it in the
Gazette at the time.
     Nice looking crazy little dogs, they are......all of them, not just
the African imports.
Peggy