[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Barking????

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 23:30:37 EDT

LOL! Good answer Syd.  I have a dog right now I am ready to de-bark.  She is
my Dutch shepherd and she has a high, shrill annoying voice.  The only dog I
have here the neighbors complain about.  My neighbors have pretty much tuned
out the GSD's.  When they do have a bark attack, it lasts about 20 seconds or
so.  And, all the dogs are in at night, unless it's too hot.  But the Dutchie
winds herself up and barks and barks.  She responds well to my verbal commands
but when I'm not home, I know she's annoying.  I have great neighbors and I
don't want to ever get to the point Cathleen described.  I have a bark collar
on
her now.  Doesn't work too well due to her high pitch, but hopefully I can
break her of this.  If not, I have no issue de-barking her if is keeps the
peace.
 In the past I had a sheltie who had to be de-barked due to problems with
neighbors.  I never regretted it.  She was a bit woosy after the surgery but by
the next day, you'd never know anything happened to her.  She barked all she
wanted but it didn't make much noise.  She was a healthy, happy girl who lived
to the age of 14-1/2.  If it was a situation that meant I might lose my dog,
I'd do it in a heartbeat.

In a message dated 8/5/2006 11:16:55 AM Pacific Standard Time, Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
writes:
Not according to my best reference...my dogs. They walk out of the  vet's
office lively and happy to see me, eat like horses that night, play, and
*bark*
as usual,. They also confided that they hated my constant yelling, and
occasional hose spraying. They said life is so much better than it was, and
that
they are not in pain. Syd

Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/