[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Barking

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:05:37 EDT

Well, evidently they "noiseless" one works great with Tennie (unintended
consequences), who very seldom barks (;-\.   Yo only barks, as I said, at my
son
going in/out of his house (huh???), but it's not a mad, in your face, wild,
barking.   It's wuf....wuf...as he moves down and back the side of his (very
big)
yard.   But he is not a quiet wuffer LOL, so it is annoying.   Since Yo is a
laughing clown, I think it's a game for him, but an annoying for the 1/2 hour
 that he might continue it.

Yes, Jess, we are talking about the Barker Breaker.   I just happen to have
the hand-held version, and since that doesn't work with Yo, back to the drawing
board.

Stormy

In a message dated 9/17/08 7:53:50 AM, spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Sounds like we are talking about the Barker Breaker? There is the hand-held
> version which you can hit the button and it emmits a sound that only dogs
> can hear or you have the kind that you can hang on the wall and it goes off
> any bark - also noiseless to the human ear. There are multiple manufacturers
> for this type of object.
>
> I believe TriTronics has one and there are a couple of other ones on the
> web.
>
> Stormy, if you figure out how to discourage barking, I know there are others
> that would appreciate it. My mom has a couple of barky dals and has resorted
> to everyone owning their own personal no-bark collar. All you have to do now
> is show it to the "suspect" barker (usually Coral) and they all shut up
> immediately!

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog,