[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Barking

  • From: myjoygs@xxxxxxx
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, gsdramey@xxxxxxx, stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:05:15 -0400

I used a bark collar once and being a smart @#$ German Shepherd, she would rub
against the cage and move it so she couldn't feel it.? She also barked once
waited and barked again waited and it wouldn't zap her.? They are to?smart for
their own good.? I also saw her get shocked when she banged it against her
water bucket, so I took it off her.

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:17:48 -0500> > Stormy --> I'm sorry, but from what
you
say in this post, I'm not so sure you have> the device I had been talking
about.
It's not a soundless thingy at all.> There are no buttons to push and you do
not
hold it yourself anyway.> I wish I could find the paperwork here! However, I
know others on> this list have, in the past, been concerned about barking who
got it and> it works fine. It's something you HANG ON A WALL OUTSIDE. It'll>
ONLY work WHEN A DOG BARKS. Whatever it is that happens, or> is activated by
the
BARKING, causes the dog to shut up. It works by> electricity and has a 50 foot
cord that comes with it so you can hang it far> from the outlet if you need to
do that. It is waterproof so can b
 e outside> without protection. I had not only my own dogs, but many boarders
thru> the years and it never affected any of them in a negative way.> I am
asking, herein, if someone on the List can tell Stormy and others the> name
etc.
of this device. The manufacturer has a website showing other> produc
ts as well.
I just can't remember the name of the manufacturer or> I'd tell you more. Help
Folks ---- Norma (see I'm NOT normaL )> > ----- Original Message ----- > From:
<Stormy435@xxxxxxx>> To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Tuesday, September
16,
2008 7:46 PM> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Barking> Well, what a mess you got me in,
Norma (no L). Yo Barks. He doesn't bark> all day and all night, just barks
before my son gets home and barks > everytime> my son opens the door to his
house. Drives both of us crazy. Annoys the> heck out of my son. Soooo, Norma, I
read what yo wrote about the noise > only> dogs can hear as a deterrent. I had
one of those trainers (I have > EVERYTHING> yet
 LOL) that has a button to push to emit that soundless sound. (And, oh> yes,
I've tried training him to bark on command. Does it great. Tried > crating> him
for a time out...he loves it. Tried the eCollar...doesn't faze him).> > So back
to the soundless sound. I pushed the button and Tennie, my "home> again" little
bitch, Yo's sister, comes clinging to my side. hmmmmmm.> Well, o.k., I"ll put
her in the crate in the house, go out closer to YO!. > I> truly think Yo loves
the soundless sound...he glances at me, and woof! > Well,> maybe it takes a
while, so pressing button for 1/2 an hour...no change.> > > Tonight, time for
Yo
to bark. YO Barks. TENNIE comes clinging to my> side. Guess what, Norma (no L),
I have now trained Tennie to be upset when > YO> barks, as she thinks the
soundless sound will be coming...and SHE of all> (now:-(, five dogs is the only
one that has any reaction to the thing.! > Don't we> love our dogs? Stormy; not
Sue.> > "You may never know what results come
  from your action.> But if you do nothing, there will be no result."> Mahatma
Gandhi> Stormy Hope> *~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*> Dog's love is different,
it requires no return> www.FairhopeGSD.com> > > > > > > >
============================================================================>
POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains th
e property of the original
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List
Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.or
 g>

MANNER