[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Barking

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>, <stormy435@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:53:03 -0500

Sounds like we are talking about the Barker Breaker? There is the hand-held
version which you can hit the button and it emmits a sound that only dogs can
hear or you have the kind that you can hang on the wall and it goes off to any
bark - also noiseless to the human ear. There are multiple manufacturers for
this type of object.

I believe TriTronics has one and there are a couple of other ones on the web.

Stormy, if you figure out how to discourage barking, I know there are others
that would appreciate it. My mom has a couple of barky dals and has resorted to
everyone owning their own personal no-bark collar. All you have to do now is
show it to the "suspect" barker (usually Coral) and they all shut up
immediately!

Jess M.Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC,
TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC> From:
gsdramey@xxxxxxx> To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [
SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Barking> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:17:48 -0500> > Stormy -->
I'm sorry, but from what you say in this post, I'm not so sure you have> the
device I had been talking about. It's not a soundless thingy at all.> There are
no buttons to push and you do not hold it yourself anyway.> I wish I could find
the paperwork here! However, I know others on> this list have, in the past,
been concerned about barking who got it and> it works fine. It's something you
HANG ON A WALL OUTSIDE. It'll> ONLY work WHEN A DOG BARKS. Whatever it is that
happens, or> is activated by the BARKING, causes the dog to shut up. It works
by> electricity and has a 50 foot cord that comes with it so you can hang it
far> from the outlet if you need to do that. It is waterproof so can be
outside> without protection. I had not only my own dogs, but many boarders
thru> the years and it never affected any of them in a negative way.> I am
asking, herein, if someone on the List can tell Stormy and others the> name
etc. of this device. The manufacturer has a website showing other> products as
well. I just can't remember the name of the manufacturer or> I'd tell you more.
Help Folks ---- Norma (see I'm NOT normaL )> > ----- Original Message ----- >
From: <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>> To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Tuesday,
September 16, 2008 7:46 PM> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Barking> Well, what a mess
you got me in, Norma (no L). Yo Barks. He doesn't bark> all day and all night,
just barks before my son gets home and barks > everytime> my son opens the door
to his house. Drives both of us crazy. Annoys the> heck out of my son. Soooo,
Norma, I read what yo wrote about the noise > only> dogs can hear as a
deterrent. I had one of those trainers (I have > EVERYTHING> yet LOL) that has
a button to push to emit that soundless sound. (And, oh> yes, I've tried
training him to bark on command. Does it great. Tried > crating> him for a time
out...he loves it. Tried the eCollar...doesn't faze him).> > So back to the
soundless sound. I pushed the button and Tennie, my "home> again" little bitch,
Yo's sister, comes clinging to my side. hmmmmmm.> Well, o.k., I"ll put her in
the crate in the house, go out closer to YO!. > I> truly think Yo loves the
soundless sound...he glances at me, and woof! > Well,> maybe it takes a while,
so pressing button for 1/2 an hour...no change.> > > Tonight, time for Yo to
bark. YO Barks. TENNIE comes clinging to my> side. Guess what, Norma (no L), I
have now trained Tennie to be upset when > YO> barks, as she thinks the
soundless sound will be coming...and SHE of all> (now:-(, five dogs is the only
one that has any reaction to the thing.! > Don't we> love our dogs? Stormy; not
Sue.> > "You may never know what results come from your action.> But if you do
nothing, there will be no result."> Mahatma Gandhi> Stormy Hope>
*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*> Dog's love is different, it requires no
return> www.FairhopeGSD.com> > > > > > > >
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org>