[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Barking

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:06:25 -0400

Debarking is less invasive and quicker to heal than spaying is. The DOGS
never know the difference... but boy do the neighbors!

Some dogs cannot be trained not to bark, especially when they are in a
group. I have a lot of experience with, having debarked dozens of dogs over
the years (I had Shelties for years).

Ginger Cleary
"... The system of private property is the most important guaranty of
freedom, not only for those who own property, but scarcely less for those
who do not.."-- Fredrich v Hayek
My Ebay site <http://stores.ebay.com/The-Crafty-K9_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm>
Rome, GA http://www.rihadin.com/

From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Barking
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:11:09 -0500

Thanks all of you great folks.  It is the NO BARK device and I'd mentioned
that
in my first post.
However, not sure of the manufacturer so it could be the Tritronics jess
mentions.  However, a
sure fire way to stop the barking was something the wonderful late E. J.
Murphy
had to do for
all her dogs because of her location -- the "yikes" de bark surgery.  As
time
goes on there is a
return of some sound but it isn't a deep or loud one.     Norma no L