[ SHOWGSD-L ] Barking

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:46:17 EDT

Well, what a mess you got me in, Norma (no L).   Yo Barks.   He doesn't bark
all day and all night, just barks before my son gets home and barks everytime
my son opens the door to his house.   Drives both of us crazy.   Annoys the
heck out of my son.   Soooo, Norma, I read what yo wrote about the noise only
dogs can hear as a deterrent.   I had one of those trainers (I have EVERYTHING
yet LOL) that has a button to push to emit that soundless sound.   (And, oh
yes, I've tried training him to bark on command.   Does it great.   Tried
crating
him for a time out...he loves it.   Tried the eCollar...doesn't faze him).

So back to the soundless sound.   I pushed the button and Tennie, my "home
again" little bitch, Yo's sister, comes clinging to my side.   hmmmmmm.
Well, o.k., I"ll put her in the crate in the house, go out closer to YO!.   I
truly think Yo loves the soundless sound...he glances at me, and woof!   Well,
maybe it takes a while, so pressing button for 1/2 an hour...no change.

Tonight, time for Yo to bark.    YO Barks.   TENNIE comes clinging to my
side.   Guess what, Norma (no L), I have now trained Tennie to be upset when YO
barks, as she thinks the soundless sound will be coming...and SHE of all
(now:-(, five dogs is the only one that has any reaction to the thing.!   Don't
we
love our dogs?

Stormy
not Sue.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog,