[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bare floors and the Dyson Animal vacuum

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dir@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:40:58 -0500

Well - I took my Riccar to the vacuum store today because it had shut
itself off and I couldn't get it started...
the fellow there fixed it in about 5 minutes, and while I was there, I
talked to him about the publicity the Dyson Animal gets on all the
different email lists.  He told me there were several brands that were
better...and many that are just as good.  He said my Riccar, for
example, is a really good one (which I knew), and that the Kirby was
probably the best of all, if people didn't mind the weight.
    The store sells all brands, including Dyson, (and one model that is
only available in specialty stores...I forget the number of that Dyson,
but it is purple AND yellow)...and he said that the Simplicity vacuums
are on sale right now, if someone wanted an excellent vacuum.  On sale
for how much I asked...and the answer was still about $900!  I said
"I'll keep this one," and he laughed and said "so would I -- that's a
really good one, too.  Does it get all the dog hair?"  I said it
certainly did!
    So - who knows...Dyson gets the most publicity, I guess, and some
people love them..other people love whatever they have.  I have a Roomba
that works great, too, altho I don't use it in rooms where the dogs
spend a lot of time..........it does great on cat hair, tho!  VBG
Peggy