[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Barbie & Scott Balyeat UPDATE!!!!Re: The Aftermath

  • From: LBaird1608@xxxxxxx
  • To: GEschette@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:03:22 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/05 8:51:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
GEschette@xxxxxxx writes:
> I'm really really worried about Barbie and others there.  I recall she
> told
> me she was about 5 miles inland..but we just don't know.
> Linda

FIRST can we PLEASE set Barbie & Scott to No List mail? VDanhoffer@xxxxxxx

Linda, Lynda, Pauline & List,

I have WONDERFUL news on Scott & Barbie,
Barbie & Scott called Patrick & I at a few minutes of 9 eastern time last
night!  WE HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY TO HEAR THEIR VOICES!!!! The tears started
flow in relief!!!

They made it thru the storm!!!!!!! The bad news is they lost every tree on
their property. Barbie's Mom and dad who live about 3 miles away have a huge
tree thru the middle of their home & had like 3 ft of water inside too. They
couldn't get to them for the debris, but workers were working hard........ Her
Mom
was washing dishes <g>
Scott's Mom & step dad also in the same area had about 2 ft of water in their
home &  an Uncle who has just moved there from Michigan had a house full of
water also but EVERYONE is fine!!!!!

The animals all came through this like champs!

Barbie is like me when it came to those tree's.. 100 year old cedars, & live
oaks, just gone, stripped, snapped, uprooted poof all gone........ :(
Barbie told me she lost all phone services right after we hung up yesterday
(when the eye was coming over them... and they were pottying dogs before the
back side hit!) They might be only 5 miles from the Gulf but their property
sits
high enough that they dont have to worry about the flooding & water issues.
THANK GOD EVERYONE IS OK!!!!

They have a generator, no ice, ok on food & animal provisions too at this
point. They believe the house might only have a few shingles damaged, a tree is
down on the kennel building but the dogs dont live there anyway  LOL I
personally feel that all those huge trees saved them in the end the tree's took
the
blunt of the winds & sheltered them from the complete rath of Katrina. I would
listen as the winds howled & whipped through the phone & could hear each hit
the house & sky lights took during our conversation. I never felt so helpless
as
I did yesterday....... All Barbie kept asking me was "Lorrie, Do you think
they will still have the dog show in a couple of weeks?"  LOL

Barbie will check back in each day to update me for the people who are as
worried as we are about them.

Barbie & Scott send their love & THANKS for the prayers that got them through
this devastation so far, they ask for them to continue as this is going to be
long road to haul....................

More news as we receive it............. Any comments or questions ask away &
I will relay them to Barbie when she calls in. It's easier for her to get a
cell line out then it is for us to get into them. So here we sit & wait for the
phone to ring again!!!!

On a funny aftermath note.... Barbie & Scott have recently taken in a new
puppy bitch her name is "Katie" after 3 very special people who were named
Katie,
One for each Scott, Patrick & our oldest daughter Thereasa's lives. We have
joked since June 24th of what her registered name was going to be. Barbie had
this beautiful sweet name & Scott said no way she doesnt fit that mold at all
she's a terror. When Katrina was en route to Ft Lauderdale I said come on
Barbie this one is going to fit like a glove. We joked how this "little" storm
wasnt packing enough power & punch to fit little Katie.  Well, I think "little
Katie" has now earned her HUGE terrorizing name!!!

Sturdevants KATRINA v Danhoffer "Katie" (CH Sturdevant's Second Wind
"Shocker" <named from our MAJOR Storm litter  LOL> ~X~ Sturdevant's TKO "Tiki"
<Bull
ROM & Precious #2 living ROM , Brew ROM & Sarah ROM granddaughter >

Now that's people we havent heard from yet... Jamie & Tim Mauffrey who live
further west from Barbie I believe they evacuated but not sure havent been able
to reach them at all. They live in a mobile home & have a little boy along
with Moose, Tiki & the remaining littermates to Katie. They live/lived in Kiln,
MS If anyone has heard from them & another lady everyone refers to as Miss
Barbara, She co-owns animals with the Trahans. Please let us hear from you that
all these folks are ok also!!!

Thanks again everyone for the prayers!!!! THEY REALLY WORK!!
Lorrie & Patrick
Welcome to Sturdevant's