[ SHOWGSD-L ] Barbara Alderman Heitzman

  • From: "Mary-Anne" <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ShowGSD-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:06:44 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

  PLEASE CROSS POST WIDELY:  Barbara wants all of her friends and family in
the dog world to see this message!!

  To All Our Many Wonderful Friends and Family From the Bottom of My Heart,

  I thank you for the prayers, cards, letters, flowers and LOVE

  I lost my best friend of 48 years and the love of my life.  He would tell
me "be tough" - you can do this!  He always wanted me to be independent.
Easy to do with him here - very difficult without him.

  Through all the years neither of us thought it would end, but it did.

  I brought George home.  He was not cremated.  He is above the ground in
the sun he so loved at a beautiful place around the corner from our home on
the farm in Pennsylvania , which is also his home town.

  I know in my heart George is in the "arms of the angels" - probably
putting them in catalogue order and saying "down and back one more time!!!"
He always made me happy and made me laugh.  He always said I was his
straight man with his jokes.  He loved the Dog World - the dog shows, the
exhibitors, especially the ones he could tease and he was ever so proud of
his All Breed Status.

  Also a very big thank you to Deb for all of her help in Chicago .  Because
of her George received excellent care at the University of Chicago Medical
Center and she also helped keep me sane most of the time.

  Thank you all - you have all been a great support and thank you for caring
so much for and about George.

  Love,

  Barbara Alderman Heitzman

<*> Your email settings: