[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Banfield

  • From: "Bonnie Dinsmore" <vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:13:03 -0400

I work for PetSmart, and my grooming counter is right next to the Banfield
counter-OUR vet is an idiot.  He doesn't like to be questioned or told he's
wrong--- I noticed they lure you in with "cheap" or "free" exams....then
WHAMMO!  You suddenly need this shot-that treatment, etc.  My sister-in-law
just adopted a cat from PetSmart, and they saw her leaving with it and gave
her a $30 coupon towards an exam , told her it wouls only cost $3 after
coupon.  She let the Banfield vet examine the cat and showed him the shot
records.  He gave  a distemper shot to the cat who had already had one 3
weeks earlier--and the cat is 6 years old, not a kitten booster.  Banfield
basically told her "too bad that's how we do it" when she called
corporate.......WATCH OUT!!! They also have the MICROCHIP that is readable
only with THEIR scanners, so Banfield RECOMMENDS 2 CHIPS PER ANIMAL!!!!! I
read this with my own eyes(yes, our copiers are very close together!)
I do NOT trust them at all.

Bonnie Dinsmore
Von Adlerhof German Shepherds