[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ballots VERY IMPORTANT YOU READ

  • From: "Sharon Allbright" <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:56:51 -0700

Dear Members,
Please read the following and you will see the Election Services is almost
as confused as we are.
FROM ELECTION SERVICES:
Sharon,
This has happened before, but not in great quantity. The member can scratch
their name off of the back of the envelope but, make sure they leave the bar
code alone.

 I hope this helps.

Sandee

Sharon,

We’ve contacted the post office and our representative is looking into this
matter.

The only thing I can say is that you should probably extend the election an
extra week if possible.

 The members can blame us, but it’s the United States Postal Service that’s
doing this.

 Sandee Tovin

Sharon,
I spoke to Bill and he went to the Post Office. The best way to go now
is to cross off the bar code. The day of the tally we'll have to look up
the members name and address and physically put their election
validation number back on the envelope.

Sandee