[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ballots, Bios and Bungling.........

  • From: Linda Battistoni <encoregsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx, GSD List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:57:30 -0700 (PDT)

My suggestion for those who submit bios:

  No editing will be done other than cut off all words that exceed the 100 word
limit.

  The author should be notified that they have gone over the limit, should they
not respond to by the deadline, then all words over the 100 work limit would be
deleted.

  No one would have to edit and be blamed.
  Since e-mails are date and time marked automatically, the secretary can
easily prove how and when the bios arrived.

  Linda Battistoni

carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Ah, Dave, yours is a voice of logic and wisdom much needed
at this time.
Carolyn
David Fritsche wrote: >
> Ballots, Bios and Bungling!
> While I am not ready to indict the entire Board for this yearâ??s problem
> with
> the election, it does however smack of familiarity from past years.
> Missing
> bios, poorly edited bios, late ballots, no ballots, returned ballots,
> ballots
> received by corresponding secretary in lieu of election official,
> Canadian
> ballots, mailing issues, counting issues, etc., etc., are all reoccurring
> issues over the past three administrations. > Randy Darnell
> Acara

I'm lost a little here.....
If these problems are caused by the recording secretaries over three
administrations, does that mean that holding the office in and of itself
causes you to make problems for the club?

Does the person in that office control the various election companies we
have used?
Does that person cause the US P.O. to change their machinery and not
communicate its expectation well - always a governmental liability?
Did that person set up the Canadian mail system with its age old issues?

Certainly the corresponding secretary touches each of those areas in
behalf of the GSDCA, but, as for all of our board members, they are
volunteers, living and working in their own locality and are not in
control of any of those things. In fact, I doubt that the Post Master
General is in charge of the postal service most of the time.

So, my perspective might be a little different. My analysis of the
problem, as subjective as it is, like all other opinions, is that we owe
Sharon a great big hug for having to deal with this thing that she neither
created nor can control.
Dave

Linda Battistoni
  Encore German Shepherds in Northern California
  Website: www.encoregsd.com

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?