[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ballots

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 17:58:17 -0400 (EDT)

No, I am not going to talk about how to vote, what to vote  for, or how you
should think because of what I am thinking, nor do I think you  should be
doing just what I do.

I noticed we no longer have a weighted ballot. I didn't know  it had been
changed, and I thought it took some time to change something like  that. I
didn't know it was being discussed, but I have to admit, I don't read
everything I am sent, unless it is about the law.

Let me explain again why I urged the weighted ballot back  when I had lost
my mind and was elected to the board.

Let's assume everyone has an idea who they want for Specials,  who they
want for bitches and who should judge dogs.

Jim sends in his vote. He wants William to do Specials so he  votes for
him, then he is OK with Ralph, and finally agrees to Marvin, just to  put up a
third judge.

Edgar sends in his vote. He wants Lance to do  Specials so he votes for
him, then he is OK with George, and finally agrees to  Marvin, just to put up a
third judge.

Orville sends in his vote. He wants Robert to do  Specials so he votes for
him, then he is OK with Julius, and finally agrees to  Marvin, just to put
up a third judge.

No one wanted Marvin to do Specials, but without a weighted  ballot, he
gets the most votes.  With just counting the numbers, the last  choice of
everyone could end up with the most votes.

The reason for the weighted ballot was to allow us to say who  we wanted to
pick the Grand Victor and Grand Victrix.

But, I had to explain it to the board three times. It passed  the first two
times, (which is what the by-laws require), but Ralph Roberts  insisted we
vote again. So, I explained it again, and it passed  again.

Evidently no one on the current board wanted it the way  it seemed to work.
 It will be interesting to see who does Specials this  year. It most likely
will not be the judge most of the voters wanted for  Specials, but it will
be the person who gets the most votes, notwithstanding  what people voted
that they intended the person to judge.

Evan

http://showgsd.org/mail.html