[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ballot

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:05:46 -0700 (PDT)

> What outside counsel?? Since when are we so stupid,we can't write our  own
> Code of Ethics??
> Helen Miller Fisher

True Story....
Setting: Sand dune area, off of rural dirt road.
Car, flashing it's lights, needing help.
I go to investigate....
Two people in car. Got license number, drivers license information and
registration information. Called tow truck at their request. When tow
truck arrived, no one was there. Car towed to impound lot.

Next morning, car reported stolen from neighboring town. I called to
explain it was not stolen, it was towed at owners request from sand dune.

Neighboring police confront owner who refuses to admit she was there and
requested tow. Argument insues - owner arrested for filing false report.

In court, DA askes me to tell my story. I did, giving license no.,
registration info, drivers lic. info. on both people. Defense attorney
blusters to the witness box and shouts, "Officer Fritsche, why are you
saying these things? What would my client be doing in the sand dunes at 3
A.M. in the morning with another man?"

I tried to not laugh, but the jury beat me to it and finally the judge was
beating his gavel trying to get order and was laughing so hard he could
not get anyone else to stop.

Point: That was a lawyer giving legal advise....
Most lawyers are sharp and give good advise.
Most lawyers are also falable humans.
Some are just falable! <G>
All advise should be weighed and followed only when it is sound. We should
decide when it is sound.
Thanks Helen......
There is a lot of life can be lived without advise!
Dave